Saturday, March 13, 2010

Moroni's Promise

Moroni's Promise
This is a true story.
It is true because I have sources that say this story is true.
This source is this story.
This source can be trusted, because it has be proven true.
This is a true story.

Read my story.
Think of what it says.
Think of if it is true.
If you find it is true, you are right.
If you think it is wrong, you are wrong.
Start at the beginning and try again.
When you find it is right, you can tell others how right it is,
because it works every time.
Oh, those who say it doesn't work?
They haven't followed the method of trying again.
And again ∞ .
How can they say it is wrong if they have not follow the method?

This story is true,
I promise,
and that's all that matters.
--Taylor Allen

I Grew up in the mormon church. I was baptized at age 8. I "recieved" the priesthood at age 12. I devoured the tales and ideas until i was 15. I started to realized that there were no real ways to "know" that these things were true, at least without faith. Faith is a flawed concept. So religion is bogus.
I officially left the church a few months ago when i turned 18, thus not needing a parent to sign for me. I am glad that i left. I wrote this poem to illustrate how people in the church offer this system to know if it is true. But it is a closed system with only one way out. Assuming that they follow the system the individual will "find" that the church is true. But the system is horribly flawed.
I am an agnostic atheistic, humanist. :) .

No comments: